Address: Šlechtitelů 27, 783 71 Olomouc
Phone: +420 58 563 4959
2015 – present
Head of the group Environmental nanotechnologies, Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Material, Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
2010 – 2015
Junior researcher, Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Material, Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
2007 – present
Assistant Professor, Department of Experimental Physics, Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
2005 – 2007
Researcher, Centre for Nanomaterials Research, Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
2002 – 2008
Ph.D. – Department of Geological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
1997 – 2002
Msc. degree – Department of Geological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Specialization, fields of interest:
- Synthesis, complex characterization and environmental/technological application of iron-based nanomaterials (iron oxides, zero-valent iron, high-valent iron substances – ferrates VI).
- Natural nanoparticles – identification and complex characterization.
- X-ray based analytical techniques for characterization of nanomaterials – X-ray powder diffraction, Small-angle X-ray scattering, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, X-ray fluorescent spectroscopy.
- Environmental and applied mineralogy.
- 2008 – Department of Mineralogy, The Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm, Sweden (30 working days; Synthesis, the European Union-funded Integrated Activities grant).
- 2007 – Laboratory of Nuclear Chemistry, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary (one week, July 2007).
- 2006 – Graduate School of Engineering, University of Tokyo, Japan (one week, August 2006).
- 2003–2004 – Department of Mineralogy and Crystallography, University of Vienna-Geozentre, Vienna, Austria (September 2003 to May 2004; Marie Curie Fellowships).
- 2001 – Scholarships within a CEEPUS network per one month at University of Silesia, Faculty of Earth Sciences, Mineralogy, Geochemistry and Petrography, Sosnowiec, Poland.
- Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health, Texas A&M University, 1266 TAMU College Station, Texas 77843, U.S.A. – Prof. Virender K. Sharma
- K. Sharma, J. Filip, R. Zboril, R.S. Varma: Natural inorganic nanoparticles – formation, fate, and toxicity in the environment, Chemical Society Reviews, 2015, vol. 44, pp. 8410-8423. doi: 10.1039/c5cs00236b
- University of Stuttgart, IWS/VEGAS, Pfaffenwaldring 61, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany – Dr. Juergen Braun – cooperation within the project NANOREM (7FP)
- Department for Mineralogy and Crystallography, University of Vienna – Geocentre, A-1090 Vienna, Austria – Ao. Univ.-Prof. Manfred Wildner
- Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra, Sapienza University of Rome, I-00185 Rome, Italy – Dr. Ferdinando Bosi
- Filip, F. Bosi, M. Novák, H. Skogby, J. Tuček, J. Čuda, M. Wildner: Iron redox reactions in the tourmaline structure: High-temperature treatment of Fe3+-rich schorl, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 2012, vol. 86, pp. 239-256. DOI: 10.1016/j.gca.2012.02.031.
- Department of Mineralogy, Swedish Museum of Natural History, SE-10405 Stockholm, Sweden – prof. Henrik Skogby
- Aparicio, J. Filip, H. Skogby, Z. Marusak, M. Mashlan, R. Zboril: Thermal behavior of almandine at temperatures up to 1,200A degrees C in hydrogen, PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY OF MINERALS, 2012, vol. 39, pp. 311-318. DOI: 10.1007/s00269-012-0488-x
- 2011108, Taking Nanotechnological Remediation Processes from Lab Scale to End User Applications for the Restoration of a Clean Environment (1.2.2013- 31.1.2017), FP7-NMP
- VI20162019017, Advanced nanotechnologies to minimize impact of escaped hazardous chemical substances endangering population (1.2016 – 31.12.2019), MICR
- TE01020218, Environmentally friendly nanotechnologies and biotechnologies in water and soil treatment (1.3.2012- 31.12.2019), TACR
- FR-TI3/196, Advanced technologies for sanitary and toxicological treatment of wastewater plant outlet (1.1.2011- 31.12.2014), MIT
- FR-TI3/622, Development and Utilization of Diffuse Reactive Barriers Based on MicroFe and NanoFe for Remediation (1.3.2011- 31.5.2014), MIT
- Publications: 81
- Citations: 766
- H-index: 14
A list of selected publications:
- K. Sharma, J. Filip, R. Zboril, R.S. Varma: Natural inorganic nanoparticles – formation, fate, and toxicity in the environment, Chemical Society Reviews, 2015, vol. 44, pp. 8410-8423. doi: 10.1039/c5cs00236b; IF = 33.383
- Prucek, M. Kiliánová, A. Panáček, L. Kvítek, J. Filip, M. Kolář, K. Tománková, J. Tuček, R. Zbořil: The targeted antibacterial and antifungal properties of magnetic nanocomposite of iron oxide and silver nanoparticles, Biomaterials, 2011, vol. 32, pp. 4704-4713. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2011.03.039; IF = 8.557
- Klimkova, M. Cernik, L. Lacinova, J. Filip, D. Jancik, R. Zbořil: Zero-valent iron nanoparticles in treatment of acid mine water from in-situ uranium leaching, Chemosphere, 2011, vol. 82, pp. 1178-1184. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2010.11.075. IF= 3.137
- Markova, K. Šišková, J. Filip, K. Šafářová, R. Prucek, A. Panáček, M. Kolář, R. Zbořil: Chitosan-based synthesis of magnetically-driven nanocomposites with biogenic magnetite core, controlled silver size, and high antimicrobial activity, Green Chemistry, 2012, vol. 14, pp. 2550-2558. doi: 10.1039/C2GC35545K. IF= 8.02
- Filip, R. A. Yngard, K. Siskova, Z. Marusak, V. Ettler, R. Zboril, V.K. Sharma: Mechanisms and Efficiency of the Simultaneous Removal of Metals and Cyanides by Using Ferrate(VI): Crucial Roles of Nanocrystalline Iron(III) Oxyhydroxides and Metal Carbonates, Chemistry-A European Journal, 2011, 17, 10097-10105. doi: 10.1002/chem.201100711. IF = 5.731
- Prucek, J. Tuček, J. Kolařík, J. Filip, Z. Marušák, V.K. Sharma, R. Zbořil: Ferrate(VI)-Induced Arsenite and Arsenate Removal by In-Situ Structural Incorporation into Magnetic Iron(III) Oxide Nanoparticles, Environmental Science & Technology, 2013, vol. 47, pp. 3283-3292. doi: 10.1021/es3042719. IF = 5.330
- Frydrych L. Machala, J. Tucek, K. Siskova, J. Filip, J. Pechousek, K. Safarova, M. Vondracek, J.H. Seo, O. Schneeweiss, M. Grätzel, K. Sivula, R. Zboril: Facile Fabrication of Tin-Doped Hematite Photoelectrodes, Effect of Doping on Magnetic Properties and Performance for Light-Induced Water Splitting, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2012, vol. 22, pp. 23232-23239. doi: 10.1039/C2JM34639G. IF = 6.626
- Filip, F. Karlický, Z. Marušák, M. Černík, M. Otyepka, R. Zbořil: Anaerobic Reaction of Nanoscale Zerovalent Iron with Water: Mechanism and Kinetics, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2014, vol. 118, pp. 13817-13825. doi: 10.1021/jp501846f. IF = 4.772
- European Patent, The method of synthesis of the iron nanopowder with the protective oxidic coat from natural and synthetic nanopowdered iron oxides and oxihydroxides,2013 (WO 2008/125068 A2)
- Czech patent, Composite material on the basis of iron nanoparticles in zero state bound on the surface of matrice, its preparation and usage, 2014 (305170)
- Verified technology, Technology of large-scale production of iron nanoparticles, 2012
- Verified technology, Technology of ferrate(V) and ferrate(VI) production by a solid state reactions, 2013
- Verified technology, Technology of ferrate(IV) preparation by a solid state reaction, 2013
- Verified technology, Production technology of elemental iron nanoparticles (nZVI) with combined inorganic-organic shell, 2013
- Verified technology, Technology of production nanoscale zero-valent iron (nZVI) particles in porous carbon matrix for reductive-sorption technologies of water treatment, 2014
- Verified technology, Technology of groundwater treatment by using of stabilized alkali-metals ferrates(V), 2014
- Verified technology, Oxidative-sorption water treatment technology based on application of ferrates(IV) immobilised in matrices, 2014