Address: 17. listopadu 12, Olomouc, 771 46, Czech Republic
Phone: (+420) 585 634 415
Fax: (+420) 585 634 433
Degrees and Professional Qualifications
|2003||Professor in analytical chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc|
|1998||Associated Prof. in analytical chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc|
|1996||Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc|
|1981 – 1986||analytical chemistry study, Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc|
|2010 – now||head of the Research Division of Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials, Palacký University Olomouc|
|2008 – now||head of Dept. of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc|
|2007 – now||researcher, Institute of Microbiology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v. v. i., Prague (part time job)|
|2004 – now||professor, Dept. of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc|
|1999 – 2004||associated professor, Dept. of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc|
|1993 – 1999||professor assistant, Dept. of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc|
|1988 – 1992||Research Institute for Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Olomouc, Czech Republic, pharmaceutical analysis, researcher|
|1986 – 1988||Farmakon Olomouc, Czech Republic, pharmaceutical analysis|
|2014 Oct/Nov||University of Texas at Arlington, USA, mass spectrometry (two weeks)|
|2014 Jul||University of Washington, Seattle, USA, mass spectrometry (one week)|
|2013 Jul/Aug||University of Washington, Seattle, USA, mass spectrometry, ion mobility (one month)|
|2012 Nov||University of Texas at Arlington, USA, mass spectrometry (two weeks)|
|2010 Oct/Nov||University of Texas at Arlington, USA, mass spectrometry (two weeks)|
|2003 Jul||University of Vienna, Austria, atmospheric pressure ionization, mass spectrometry (two weeks)|
|2002 Jul/Oct||Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA, prof. R. G. Cooks, application of the kinetic method in analysis of isomers by mass spectrometry (3 months)|
|2001 Sep||NATO Advanced Study Institute – participant of advanced course „New frontiers in mass spectrometry. Recent development in instrumentation and applications“, Marinasmir, Tetouan, Morocco, (one week)|
|1993 May/Nov||University of Venice, Italy, prof. A. Marcomini, analysis of surfactants in environment (6 months)|
Other selected activities
|2012-now||Member of the Scientific Council of Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic,v. v. i., Brno, Czech Republic|
|2010-2014||Member of expert commission of The Research and Development Council the Government of the Czech Republic|
|2006-now||Member of the Scientific Council of Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic|
Chair of board for PhD study of analytical chemistry, member of examination board for state exams, member of board for professorial appointment (all Palacký University); member of board for PhD study of food chemistry and analysis (University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague); member of the panel of Czech Science Foundation; member of the discipline committee of Czech Science Foundation;
- European Academy of Sciences and Arts (EASA)
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Czech Chemical Society (CSCH)
- Czech Society for Mass Spectrometry (CSMS)
Analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry (ionization, ion source development, ion fragmentation), separation methods (ion mobility spectrometry, liquid chromatography) and their hyphenation with mass spectrometry, analysis of metabolites, abused drugs, chiral compounds.
Basic courses of analytical chemistry, advanced courses of mass spectrometry, separation methods. Supervisor of diploma theses and PhD theses.
- 116 papers in impacted journals
- 9 papers in other peer-reviewed journals
- 1 book chapter
- 100+ conference and seminar presentations (17 invited talks abroad)
- 1084 citations (without self-citations)
- 21 h-index
List of publications:
Supervised PhD students
- Lorencová Iveta
- Opletal Tomáš
- Turková Marie
- Borovcová Lucie
- Slováková Kristína
- Šištík Pavel
- Pauk Volodymyr (accomplished 2015)
- Hartmanová Lucie (accomplished 2014)
- Ranc Václav (accomplished 2009)
- Grep Martin (accomplished 2009)
- Müller Lukáš (accomplished 2008)
- Fryčák Petr (accomplished 2005)
- Douša Michal (accomplished 2004)
- Multimodal imaging (2016-2018, Czech Science Foundation, 16-20229S, 2 775 kCZK; a co-investigator).
- Analytical tools for fast identification of new designer drugs (2014-2016, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, Kontakt LH14064; 966 kCZK; a principal investigator, cooperation with University of Texas at Arlington, USA).
- Sampling and efficiency of atmospheric pressure desorption/ionization in mass spectrometric experiment (2012-2016, Czech Science Foundation, P206/12/1150, 7 207 kCZK; a principal investigator).
- Desorption nanoelectrospray: instrumentation, surface analysis and imaging (2013-2015, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, COST LD13005; 1 409 kCZK; a principal investigator).
- Regional centre of advanced technologies and materials (2010-2014, Research and Development for Innovation Operational Program, CZ.1.05/2.1.00/03.0058; 520 000 kCZK in total; a head of one research division – “Nanotechnology in analytical chemistry”).
- Ionization process in mass spectrometric analysis of small sample amounts (2010-2012, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, Kontakt ME10013; 1 538 kCZK; a principal investigator, cooperation with University of Texas at Arlington, USA).
- Modulation of signaling and regulatory pathways in normal and cancer cells (2005-2011, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, MSM6198959216, 390 000 kCZK in total; a guarantor of one research program).
10 selected publications
Lateral resolution of desorption nanoelectrospray: a nanospray tip without nebulizing gas as a source of primary charged droplets. Hartmanova, L., Lorencova, I., Volny, M., Frycak, P., Havlicek, V., Chmelicková, H., Ingr, T., Lemr, K.: Analyst 141, 2150-2154 (2016).
Characterization of microbial siderophores by mass spectrometry. Pluhacek, T., Lemr, K., Ghosh, D., Milde, D., Novak, J., Havlicek, V.: Mass Spectrom. Rev. 35, 35-47 (2016).
Fast separation of selected cathinones and phenylethylamines by supercritical fluid chromatography . Pauk, V., Zihlova, V., Borovcova, L., Havlicek, V., Schug, K., Lemr, K.: J. Chromatogr. A 1423, 169-176 (2015).
Current Trends in Microbial Diagnostics Based on Mass Spectrometry. Havlicek, V., Lemr, K., Schug, K.A.: Anal. Chem. 85, 790-797 (2013).
Continuous flow-extractive desorption electrospray ionization: Analysis from “non-electrospray ionization-friendly” solvents and related mechanism . Li, L., Yang, S.H., Lemr, K., Havlicek, V., Schug, K.A.: Anal. Chim. Acta 769, 84 – 90 (2013).
Fast profiling of anthocyanins in wine by desorption nano-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Hartmanova, L., Ranc, V., Papouskova, B., Bednar, P., Havlicek, V., Lemr, K.: J. Chromatogr., A 1217, 4223-4228 (2010).
Automated Ambient Desorption-Ionization Platform for Surface Imaging Integrated with a Commercial Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometer. Pol, J., Vidova, V., Kruppa, G., Kobliha, V., Novak, P., Lemr, K., Kotiaho, T., Kostiainen, R., Havlicek, V., Volny, M.: Anal. Chem. 81, 8479-8487 (2009).
Capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry – a fast and reliable tool for the monitoring of milk adulteration. Muller, L., Bartak, P., Bednar, P., Frysova, I., Sevcik, J., Lemr, K.: Electrophoresis 29, 2088-2093 (2008).
Chiral analysis by mass spectrometry using the kinetic method in flow systems. Lemr, K., Ranc, V., Frycak, P., Bednar, P., Sevcik, J.: J. Mass Spectrom. 41, 499-506 (2006).
Isomeric discrimination of arginine-containing dipeptides using electrospray ionization-ion trap mass spectrometry and the kinetic method. Schug, K.A., Lindner, W., Lemr, K.: J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 15, 840-847 (2004).