- 2013 – Habilitation in Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc
- 2008 – PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc (supervisor: Prof. J. Ševčík)
- 2005 – MSc. in Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc
- 2013 – now, Associate Professor and Senior Researcher, RCPTM, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- 2010 – 2013, Assistant Professor and Junior Researcher, RCPTM, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- 2008 – 2010, Postdoctoral Researcher, CNRS, ENSCP, Paris, France (Prof. P. Gareil, Prof. A. Varenne)
- 2006 – 2008, Project Manager, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- 2008, University of Texas at Arlington, TX, USA (3 months; Prof. D. W. Armstrong)
- 2006, Lund University, Sweden (3 months; Dr. M. Nistor)
- 2005, University of Bayreuth, Germany (3 months; Prof. H. Frank)
- Capillary electrophoresis
- On-line preconcentration
- Analysis of biologically active compounds, microorganisms and cells
- Characterization of nanoparticles
- Miniaturization of analytical systems
- Low-cost microfluidics
Lectures, seminars and advanced laboratory courses:
- Environmental Chemistry;
- Microtechniques in Analytical Chemistry;
- Fundamentals of Data Processing;
- Clinical Analytical Chemistry;
Supervisor of 1 postdoc, 3 PhD theses, 17 MSc. theses, 8 BSc. theses, and 6 secondary school students.
Responsibilities and Acquirements:
- Member of organization committee of the international symposium Advances in Chromatography and Electrophoresis and Chiranal 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2014, Olomouc;
- Organization of educational seminars and foreign guest visits in Olomouc (e.g. Prof. H. Frank, Bayreuth, 2006, Prof. A. Manz, Saarbrücken, 2011, Prof. P. G. Righetti, Milano, 2011 and 2012, Prof. A. Varenne, Paris, 2012 and 2014, Prof. M. C. Breadmore, Hobart, 2013, Dr. S. Descroix, Paris, 2014, Prof. J. P. Quirino, Hobart, 2014);
- Organization of foreign student visits in Olomouc (N. Quiroz from University of Bayreuth, 2006, M. Rucins from Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis in Riga, 2011 and 2014);
- Popularization activities for public;
- Member of the American Chemical Society and the Czech Chemical Society.
- Author and co-author of 42 articles in impacted journals, 9 articles in non-impacted journals, and 1 book chapter;
- Active congress participant with more than 25 oral presentations and 55 posters;
- Guest editor of 3 issues of Chromatographia journal;
- Editor of 2 proceedings and 1 monograph.
- Citations (WOS; March 2015):
- 396 (total) and 358 (without auto-citations),
- h-index: 12.
J. Znaleziona, P. Ginterová, J. Petr, P. Ondra, I. Válka, J. Ševčík, J. Chrastina, V. Maier: Determination and identification of synthetic cannabinoids and their metabolites in different matrices by modern analytical techniques – a review. Anal. Chim. Acta, in press.
J. Horská, P. Ginterová, J. Ševčík, J. Petr: CZE separation of new drugs for treatment of leukemia. Chromatographia 77 (2014) 1477.
C. Cacho, Z. Marková, J. Ševčík, R. Zbořil, J. Petr: Study of behavior of carboxylic magnetite core shell nanoparticles on a pH boundary. J. Chromatogr. A 1364 (2014) 59.
P. Ginterová, B. Sokolová, P. Ondra, J. Znaleziona, J. Petr, J. Ševčík, V. Maier: Determination of mushroom toxins ibotenic acid, muscimol and muscarine by capillary electrophoresis coupled with electrospray tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta 125 (2014) 242.
P. Svobodová, L. Vojtková, A. Suchomelová, D. Vlčková, Z. Petrová, R. Knob, J. Petr: Low-cost paper-based device for semi-quantitative ecotoxicological analysis in terrain. Chem. Listy 107 (2013) s456.
L. Vojtková, P. Svobodová, A. Suchomelová, J. Petr: Preparation of low-cost microfluidic devices using an office laminator. Chem. Listy 107 (2013) s416.
R. Knob, J. Křenková, J. Petr, F. Foret: Porous layer open tubular columns with immobilized trypsin for protein digestion. Chem. Listy 107 (2013) s382.
J. Horská, P. Ginterová, J. Ševčík, J. Petr: A pilot study on separation of new drugs for treatment of leukemia by capillary zone electrophoresis. Chem. Listy 107 (2013) s373.
R. Knob, M. C. Breadmore, R. M. Guijt, J. Petr, M. Macka: Porous layer open tubular monolith capillary column: switching-off the reaction kinetics as the governing factor in their preparation using an immiscible liquid-controlled polymerization. RSC Adv. 3 (2013) 24927.
R. Knob, J. Petr, J. Ševčík, V. Maier: Enantioseparation of tartaric acid by ligand-exchange capillary electrophoresis using contactless conductivity detection. J. Sep. Sci. 36 (2013) 3426.
A. Přibylka, A. V. Almeida, M. O. Altmeyer, J. Petr, J. Ševčík, A. Manz, P. Neužil: Fast spore breaking by superheating. Lab. Chip. 13 (2013) 1695.
J. Petr, P. Ginterová, J. Znaleziona, R. Knob, M. Lošťáková, V. Maier, J. Ševčík: Separation of ketoprofen enantiomers at nanomolar concentration level by micellar electrokinetic chromatography with on-line electrokinetic preconcentration. Cent. Eur. J. Chem. 11 (2013) 335.
P. Svobodová, K. Vítková, V. Procházka, J. Petr: Analysis of cells by capillary electrophoresis. Chem. Listy 106 (2012) 681.
Z. Marková, A. B. Bourlinos, K. Šafářová, K. Poláková, J. Tuček, I. Medřík, K. Šišková, J. Petr, M. Krysmann, E. P. Giannelis, R. Zbořil: Synthesis and properties of core-shell fluorescent hybrids with distinct morphologies based on carbon dots. J. Mater. Chem. 22 (2012) 16219.
R. Knob, V. Maier, J. Petr, V. Ranc, J. Ševčík: On-line preconcentration of perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorooctanesulfonic acid by non-aqueous capillary electrophoresis. Electrophoresis 33 (2012) 2159.
V. Maier, V. Ranc, M. Švidrnoch, J. Petr, J. Ševčík, E. Tesařová, D. W. Armstrong: Study on the use of boromycin as a chiral selector in capillary electrophoresis. J. Chromatogr. A 1237 (2012) 128.
A. B. Bourlinos, R. Zbořil, J. Petr, A. Bakandritsos, M. Krysmann, E. P. Giannelis: Luminiscent surface quaternized carbon dots. Chem. Mater. 24 (2012) 6.
J. Petr, V. Maier: Analysis of microorganisms by capillary electrophoresis. Trends Anal. Chem. 31 (2012) 9.