- 2013 – Habilitation in Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc
- 2008 – PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc (supervisor: Prof. J. Ševčík)
- 2005 – MSc. in Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc
- 2013 – now, Associate Professor and Senior Researcher, RCPTM, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- 2010 – 2013, Assistant Professor and Junior Researcher, RCPTM, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- 2008 – 2010, Postdoctoral Researcher, CNRS, ENSCP, Paris, France (Prof. P. Gareil, Prof. A. Varenne)
- 2006 – 2008, Project Manager, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- 2008, University of Texas at Arlington, TX, USA (3 months; Prof. D. W. Armstrong)
- 2006, Lund University, Sweden (3 months; Dr. M. Nistor)
- 2005, University of Bayreuth, Germany (3 months; Prof. H. Frank)
- Capillary electrophoresis
- On-line preconcentration
- Analysis of biologically active compounds, microorganisms and cells
- Characterization of nanoparticles
- Miniaturization of analytical systems
- Low-cost microfluidics
Lectures, seminars and advanced laboratory courses:
- Environmental Chemistry;
- Electromigration Techniques;
- Microtechniques in Analytical Chemistry;
- Fundamentals of Data Processing;
- Clinical Analytical Chemistry;
Supervisor of 2 postdocs (both finished), 2 scholarship fellows (both finished), 5 PhD students (1 successfully graduated, 4 in progress), 34 undergraduate students (4 MSc and 2 BSc theses in progress).
- Author and co-author of 49 articles in impacted journals, 10 articles in non-impacted journals, 1 Czech patent, 1 Czech utility model, and 2 book chapters;
- Active congress participant with more than 30 oral presentations and 60 posters;
- Guest editor of 4 issues of Chromatographia journal;
- Editor of 2 proceedings and 1 monograph.
- Citations (WOS; Fenruary 2019):
- 662 (total) and 605 (without auto-citations),
- h-index: 16.
P. Švecová, J. Petr: Separation of cetirizine enantiomers by capillary electrophoresis with a dual selector system based on borate-glucose complexes and sulfated β-cyclodextrin. Talanta 198 (2019) 154.
M. Rucins, D. Baron, A. Plotniece, J. Petr: Determination of hormone antagonists in waste-water samples by micellar electrokinetic chromatography. Chromatographia 81 (2018) 1607.
L. Hárendarčíková, J. Petr: Smartphones and microfluidics: Marriage of the future. Electrophoresis 39 (2018) 1319.
J. Horská, J. Ševčík, J. Petr: Determination of citrate released from stabilized gold nanoparticles by capillary zone electrophoresis. Chem. Pap. 72 (2018) 419.
A. Šebestová, J. Petr: Fast separation of enantiomers by capillary electrophoresis using a combination of two capillaries with different internal diameters. Electrophoresis 38 (2017) 3124.
L. Hárendarčíková, D. Baron, A. Šebestová, J. Rozsypal, J. Petr: True lab-in-a-syringe technology for bioassays. Talanta 174 (2017) 285.
T. Mašková, L. Hárendarčíková, J. Petr: Determination of Escherichia coli in urine using a low-cost foil-based microfluidic device. Talanta 170 (2017) 36.
D. Baron, P. Dolanská, Z. Medříková, R. Zbořil, J. Petr: Online stacking of carboxylated magnetite core-shell nanoparticles in capillary electrophoresis. J. Sep. Sci. 40 (2017) 2482.
D. Baron, C. Cacho, J. Petr: Electrokinetic preconcentration of magnetite core – carboxylic shell nanoparticles by capillary electrophoresis. J. Chromatogr. A 1499 (2017) 217.
J. Znaleziona, P. Ginterová, J. Petr, P. Ondra, I. Válka, J. Ševčík, J. Chrastina, V. Maier: Determination and identification of synthetic cannabinoids and their metabolites in different matrices by modern analytical techniques – a review. Anal. Chim. Acta 874 (2015) 11.
C. Cacho, Z. Marková, J. Ševčík, R. Zbořil, J. Petr: Study of behavior of carboxylic magnetite core shell nanoparticles on a pH boundary. J. Chromatogr. A 1364 (2014) 59.
R. Knob, M. C. Breadmore, R. M. Guijt, J. Petr, M. Macka: Porous layer open tubular monolith capillary column: switching-off the reaction kinetics as the governing factor in their preparation using an immiscible liquid-controlled polymerization. RSC Adv. 3 (2013) 24927.
A. Přibylka, A. V. Almeida, M. O. Altmeyer, J. Petr, J. Ševčík, A. Manz, P. Neužil: Fast spore breaking by superheating. Lab. Chip. 13 (2013) 1695.
A. B. Bourlinos, R. Zbořil, J. Petr, A. Bakandritsos, M. Krysmann, E. P. Giannelis: Luminiscent surface quaternized carbon dots. Chem. Mater. 24 (2012) 6.
J. Petr, V. Maier: Analysis of microorganisms by capillary electrophoresis. Trends Anal. Chem. 31 (2012) 9.