When and how to go to the post office?
If you need to handle anything at the post office, we bring information about the measures decided by the Czech Post Crisis Staff.
- The Czech Post Office limits opening hours for clients from 19 March 2020 until further notice. Opening hours have been adjusted so that all branches in the Czech Republic close no later than 4 p.m. Partner Post office operators received a recommendation from the Czech Post Office to introduce the same measure. Limiting opening hours to 4 p.m. is within their competence
- The Czech Post Office is cancelling weekend opening hours in all branches from Saturday, 21 March 2020 until further notice. All branches will be closed to the public on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Czech Post Branches are solely available to over-65s between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. (this may be further adjusted)
- Limit your use of post office only to the most necessary cases, and limit online shopping to things you urgently need at the moment.
- The Czech Post Office asks clients not to buy goods from foreign e-shops operating in the countries listed below, nor to have anything sent from those countries. Shipments are most likely not to leave for the Czech Republic in the following period. At the same time, from Thursday 19 March 2020, the Czech Post Office ceases to accept for its transport any consignments addressed to the following countries—China, Israel, Iran, South Korea, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Cyprus and Georgia. The Czech Post Office cannot guarantee that the target country accepts the delivery. Given the current rapid progress in the situation, we do not rule out extending the list of countries to which Czech Post does not deliver and from which shipments to the Czech Republic do not come.