[wpcol_2third id=”” class=”” style=””]
Head of the Division:
About the group:
The group focuses on research in the field of nanocrystalline metal oxides, chiefly for biomedical applications and environmental technologies. The primary focus is on developing magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles used as a contrast agent for magnetic resonance imaging, drug carriers for targeted transport in cancer therapy and in the magnetic separation of biomolecules and cells. In the environmental chemistry area, the group works on developing new types of magnetic sorbents, environmentally friendly oxidants based on ferrates of alkali metals, and on magnetically separable catalysts. Also of importance is the study of biogenic iron oxide nanoparticles for biotechnological applications, thin oxide films for direct solar water splitting technology and magnetic nanoparticles as electrochemical biosensors.
Results highlights – Publications:
„Mossbauer Spectroscopy: Applications in Chemistry, Biology, Industry, and Nanotechnology“. ISBN: 978-1-118-05724-7, 672 pages, December 2013 Link
Hola, Y. Zhang, Y. Wang, E. P. Giannelis, R. Zboril and A. L. Rogach: “Carbon dots—Emerging light emitters for bioimaging, cancer therapy and optoelectronics”, NANO TODAY, vol. 9, iss. 5, pp. 590-603, 2014.
DOI: 10.1016/j.nantod.2014.09.004, IF = 18.432
Tuček, K. C. Kemp, K. S. Kim and R. Zbořil: “Iron-Oxide-Supported Nanocarbon in Lithium-Ion Batteries, Medical, Catalytic, and Environmental Applications”, ACS NANO, vol. 8, iss. 8, pp. 7571 – 7612, 2014.
DOI: 10.1021/nn501836x, IF = 12.033
Zoppellaro, A. Kolokithas-Ntoukas, K. Polakova, J. Tucek, R. Zboril, G. Loudos, E. Fragogeorgi, C. Diwoky, K. Tomankova, K. Avgoustakis, D. Kouzoudis and A. Bakandritsos: “Theranostics of Epitaxially Condensed Colloidal Nanocrystal Clusters, through a Soft Biomineralization Route”, CHEM. MATER., vol. 26, iss. 6, pp. 2062-2074, 2014.
DOI: 10.1021/cm404053v, IF = 8.238
Liu, X. Bao, L. Mao, J. Tucek, R. Zboril, J. Liu, F. Guo, Z. Ni and M. Tong: “A Chiral Spin Crossover Metal-Organic Framework”, CHEM. COMMUN., vol. 50, iss. 31, pp. 4059 – 4061, 2014.
DOI: 10.1039/c3cc48935c, IF = 6.718
Magro, D. Baratella, G. Salviulo, K. Polakova, G. Zoppellaro, J. Tucek, J. Kaslik, R. Zboril and F. Vianello: “Core–shell hybrid nanomaterial based on prussian blue and surface active maghemite nanoparticles as stable electrocatalyst”, BIOSENSORS AND BIOELECTRONICS, vol. 52, pp. 159-165, 2013.
DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.08.052, IF = 6.451
Kuzmann, G. Zoppellaro, J. Pechousek, J. Cuda, Z. Klencsar, Z. Homonnay, J. Tucek, R. Szalay, M. Papai, L. Machala, and R. Zboril, “Ferromagnetic Coupling in an Fe[C(SiMe3)(3)](2)/Ferrihydrite Hetero-Mixture Molecular Magnet,” EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, iss. 20, pp. 3178-3183, 2014.
DOI: 10.1002/ejic.201402033, IF = 2.965
Markova, P. Novak, J. Kaslik, P. Plachtova, M. Brazdova, D. Jancula, K. M. Siskova, L. Machala, B. Marsalek, R. Zboril, and R. Varma, “Iron(II,III)-Polyphenol Complex Nanoparticles Derived from Green Tea with Remarkable Ecotoxicological Impact,” ACS SUSTAINABLE CHEMISTRY & ENGINEERING, vol. 2, iss. 7, pp. 1674-1680, 2014.
Selected applied results
- Device to carry out separation of whey proteins from milk medium. Utility Model; K. Holá, R. Zbořil, I. Medřík
- Composite material based on zero-valent iron nanoparticles bound to the matrix surface and use thereof. Utility Model; Z. Marková, J. Filip, I. Medřík, R. Zbořil
- Iron oxide nanoparticles with enhanced T2 relaxation indices for magnetic resonance representation and process for preparing thereof, Patent; D. Maity, G. Zoppellaro, R. Zbořil, K. Poláková
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI), Daejeon, Korea – sale of transmission Mössbauer spectrometer
- Texas A&M University, USA, Prof. Sharma – sale of transmission Mössbauer spectrometer and cryostat-based liquid nitrogen
- BGSYS HT, s.r.o. Pardubice – Stability testing of protective ceramic layers to high temperatures and pressures
- Bochemie a.s., Farmak a.s. – BET analysis
- FERMAT GROUP a.s., University of Pardubice, Precheza a.s. – Analysis of samples by Mössbauer spectroscopy
- VŠB Ostrava – Delivery of magnetic nanoparticles