Department address: Department of Inorganic Chemistry & RCPTM Division of Biologically-active Complexes and Molecular Magnets, 17. listopadu 12, 771 46 Olomouc
Phone: (+420) 58 563 4359
Fax: (+420) 58 563 4351
Qualification and working experience
|1996 – 2001||Pharmacy, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Republic (Mgr.)|
|2001||Rigorous State Examination in Pharmacy, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Republic (PharmDr.)|
|2001 – 2011||Doctoral Study Programme in Pharmacy, specialization Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno (Ph.D.)|
|2002 – 2010||Assistant, Department of Chemical Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno|
|2005 – 2010||Researcher, Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc|
|2010 – 2013||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno|
|from 2010||Junior Researcher, Regional Centre of Advanced Technilogies and Materials, Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc|
|from 03/2013||Post-doc at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc|
At the Faculty of Pharmacy, VFU Brno (2001-2013)
- implementation (2004) and from 2012 guarantee of compulsory subject General and Inorganic Chemistry, leading of exercises, seminars, testing, lectures from inorganic and bioinorganic chemistry (held both in Czech and English language),
- implementation and guarantee of four elective subjects (held both in Czech and English language) – Antioxidants and free radicals, Work with information sources, Introduction to laboratory techniques, Introduction to molecular modeling
- Antioxidants and free radicals, Work with information sources, Introduction to laboratory techniques, Introduction to molecular modeling
At the Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc (since 03/2013)
- leading of lectures in the subject Bioinorganic chemistry II
- teaching of seminars, and exercises from the Laboratory Works
Since 2004, leading of 12 successfully defended diploma theses (at VFU Brno).
Fields of research
- Preparation of coordination compounds with interesting magnetic properties and advanced studies of these properties.
- Synthesis, structural, and spectral analyses of new biologically active Cu(II), Zn(II), Fe(III), Co(II/III), Ni(II), Mn(II/III), Ln(III) complexes with different biologically importants ligands, for example Schiff´s bases or the derivatives and isosteres of purines.
- Studies of chemical reactivity and biological activities with focus on antiradical (antioxidant), antimicrobial, antidiabetic, or cytotoxic activity.
- Analytical evaluation of markers of oxidative stress, evaluation and development of analytical methods using HPLC-DAD/FLD, and LC/MS.
- Analytical evaluation of secondary metabolites of higher plants by HPLC-DAD/FLD, LC/MS a ESI-MS spectrometry.
- Analysis of interactions between small molecules and biologically important molecules (proteins, DNA) by the methods of molecular biology, mass spectrometry, or theoretical calculations (molecular docking).
to date 6.10.2015
- The number of research papers (registered in WoS): 44
- Number of citations (registered in WoS): 401 (self-citations excluded)
- H-index: 12
- The number of research papers (registered in Scopus): 48
- Number of citations (registered in Scopus): 358 (all self-citations excluded)
- H-index: 11
- Patents and utility models: 3 national patents
- CZ 303649: Complexes of gold with derivatives of N6-benzyladenine and phosphane derivatives, process of their preparation and use of such complexes as medicaments in antiphlogistic therapy, inventors: Trávníček Z., Vančo J., Popa I., Šilha T., applicant: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci,
- CZ 303009: Complexes of copper with 2-phenyl-3-hydroxyqunolin-4(1H)-one, process for their preparation and use of the complexes as medicaments in antitumor therapy, inventors: Trávníček Z., Buchtík R., Dvořák Z., Vančo J., applicant: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci,
- CZ 304045: Use of copper complexes containing 2-phenyl-3-hydroxyquinolin-4(1H)-one and 1,10-phenanthroline derivatives for preparing medicaments intended for the treatment of tumor diseases, inventors: Trávníček Z., Vančo J., Buchtík R., Dvořák Z., applicant: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci.
- and 2 utility models (CZ 22057 U1, CZ 22616 U1).
Participation at the conferences:
- Presentation of more than 50 contributions at national and international conferences.
- Principal Investigator or co-investigator in IGA MZd (Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, 2005-2009), IGA VFU (awarded by the University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, 2002, 2010, 2012),
- Other participation in researcher staff of grants: Research Projects (awarded by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, MSM6198959218, MSM6215712403) and Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials OP VaVpI CZ.1.05/2.1.00/03.0058 (ERDF EU), OP VK CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0066 (ChemBiolUpol), OP VK CZ.1.07/2.3.00/30.0041 (POST-UP II), LO 1305 (NPU I).
- Co-solver of the educational grant FRVŠ (awarded by the Higher Education Development Fund, 2002)
Membership in scientific societies
- American Chemical Society
- The Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry
- Society for Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine
- Society for Free Radical Research – Europe
- Czech Chemical Society
Reviewer activities for scientific journals
- Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Journal of Coordination Chemistry
- International Journal of Molecular Sciences
- Central European Journal of Medicine
- Spectrochimica Acta Part A
- PloS One
- European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Journal of Molecular Structure
- Current Medicinal Chemistry
Vančo J., Šindelář Z., Dvořák Z., Trávníček Z.: Iron-salophen complexes involving azole-derived ligands: A new group of compounds with high-level and broad-spectrum in vitro antitumor activity. J. Inorg. Biochem. 142, 92-100 (2015).
Štarha P., Hošek J., Vančo J., Dvořák Z., Suchý P. Jr., Popa I., Pražanová G., Trávníček Z.: Pharmacological and molecular effects of platinum(II) complexes involving 7-azaindole derivatives. PLoS ONE 9(3), art. No. e90341 (2014).
Křikavová R., Hošek J., Suchý P. Jr., Vančo J., Trávníček Z.: Diverse in vitro and in vivo anti-inflammatory effects of trichlorido-gold(III) complexes with N6-benzyladenine derivatives. J. Inorg. Biochem. 134, 92-99 (2014).
Hošek J., Vančo J., Štarha P., Paráková L., Trávníček Z.: Effect of 2-Chloro-Substitution of Adenine Moiety in Mixed-Ligand Gold(I) Triphenylphosphine Complexes on Anti-Inflammatory Activity: The Discrepancy between the In Vivo and In Vitro Models. PLoS ONE 8(11), art. No. e82441 (2013).
Dvořák Z., Novotná A., Vančo J., Trávníček Z.: Influence of gold(I) complexes involving adenine derivatives on major drug-drug interaction pathway. Toxicol. In Vitro 27(8), 2331-2334 (2013).
Trávníček Z., Štarha P., Šilha T., Hošek J., Suchý P. Jr., Pražanová G., Vančo J.: Anti-inflammatory active gold(I) complexes involving 6-substituted-purine derivatives. J. Med. Chem. 55(10), 4568-4579 (2012).
Buchtík R., Trávníček Z., Vančo J.: In vitro cytotoxicity, DNA cleavage and SOD-mimic activity of copper(II) mixed-ligand quinolinonato complexes. J. Inorg. Biochem. 116, 163-171 (2012).
Buchtík R., Trávníček Z., Vančo J., Herchel R., Dvořák Z.: Synthesis, characterization, DNA interaction and cleavage, and in vitro cytotoxicity of copper(ii) mixed-ligand complexes with 2-phenyl-3-hydroxy-4(1H)- quinolinone. Dalton Trans. 40(37), 9404-9412 (2011).
Trávníček Z., Matíková-Maľarová M., Novotná R., Vančo J., Štěpánková K., Suchý P. Jr.: In vitro and in vivo biological activity screening of Ru(III) complexes involving 6-benzylaminopurine derivatives with higher pro-apoptotic activity than NAMI-A. J. Inorg. Biochem. 105(7), 937-948 (2011).
Vančo J., Trávníček Z., Marek J., Herchel R.: Synthesis, spectral (UV/Vis, IR, ESI-MS), magnetic and structural characterizations, and antimicrobial effect of potassium isothiocyanato-(N-salicylideneamino-acidato)cuprates. Inorg. Chim. Acta 363(14), 3887-3896 (2010).
Vančo J., Švajlenová O., Račanská E., Muselík J., Valentová J.: Antiradical activity of some copper(II) Schiff base complexes and their effect on alloxan induced diabetes. J. Trace Elem. Med. Biol. 18(2), 155-161 (2004).