Qualification and working experience
|1996 – 2001||Pharmacy, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Republic (Mgr.)|
|2001||Rigorous State Examination in Pharmacy, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Republic (PharmDr.)|
|2001 – 2011||Doctoral Study Programme in Pharmacy, specialization Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno (Ph.D.)|
|2002 – 2010||Assistant, Department of Chemical Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno|
|2005 – 2010||Researcher, Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc|
|2010 – 2013||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno|
|2010 – 2020||Junior Researcher, Regional Centre of Advanced Technilogies and Materials, Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc|
|2016 – 2020||Associate Professor, Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc|
|from 01/2021||Research Associate, Czech Advanced Technology and Research Institute, Palacky University in Olomouc|
At the Faculty of Pharmacy, VFU Brno (2001-2013)
- implementation (2004) and from 2012 guarantee of compulsory subject General and Inorganic Chemistry, leading of exercises, seminars, testing, lectures from inorganic and bioinorganic chemistry (held both in Czech and English language),
- implementation and guarantee of four elective subjects (held both in Czech and English language) – Antioxidants and free radicals, Work with information sources, Introduction to laboratory techniques, Introduction to molecular modeling
- Antioxidants and free radicals, Work with information sources, Introduction to laboratory techniques, Introduction to molecular modeling
At the Faculty of Science, Palacky University in Olomouc (2013 – 2020)
- leading of lectures in the subjects: Bioinorganic chemistry II, Inorganic Metallotherapeutics, Introduction to Organometallic Chemistry, and Addictive Substances
- teaching of seminars, and exercises from the Laboratory Works and Inorganic Chemistry
Since 2004, leading of 12 successfully defended diploma theses, and 3 Bc. theses.
Fields of research
- Synthesis, structural, magnetic, and spectral studies of new biologically active Cu(II), Zn(II), Fe(III), Co(II/III), Ln(III) complexes with different biologically important ligands.
- Studies of chemical reactivity and biological activities with focus on antiradical (antioxidant), antimicrobial, antidiabetic activities and cytotoxicity.
- Analytical evaluation of markers of oxidative stress, evaluation and development of analytical methods using HPLC-DAD/FLD, and LC/MS.
- Analysis of interactions between small molecules and biologically important molecules (proteins, DNA) by the methods of molecular biology, mass spectrometry, or theoretical calculations (molecular docking).
to date 12.9.2023
- The number of research papers (registered in WoS): 81
- Number of citations (registered in WoS): 1580 (self-citations excluded)
- H-index: 21
- The number of research papers (registered in Scopus): 84
- Number of citations (registered in Scopus): 1419 (all self-citations excluded)
- H-index: 23
- Patents and utility models:
- 1 European patent (EP2650000 B1)
- 8national patents (CZ303009 B6, CZ303649 B6, CZ304045 B6, CZ305624 B6, CZ307046 B6, CZ306966 B6, CZ307954 B6, CZ308426 B6)
- and 7 utility models (CZ22057 U1, CZ22616 U1, CZ27030 U1, CZ29415 U1, CZ29425 U1, CZ31771 U1, CZ33256 U1).
Participation at the conferences:
- Presentation of more than 50 contributions at national and international conferences.
- Principal Investigator or co-investigator in IGA MZd (Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, 2005-2009), IGA VFU (awarded by the University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, 2002, 2010, 2012), IGA UP (2019).
- Other participation in researcher staff of grants: Research Projects (awarded by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, MSM6198959218, MSM6215712403) and Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials OP VaVpI CZ.1.05/2.1.00/03.0058 (ERDF EU), OP VK CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0066 (ChemBiolUpol), OP VK CZ.1.07/2.3.00/30.0041 (POST-UP II), LO 1305 (NPU I).
Membership in scientific societies
- American Chemical Society
- The Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry
- Society for Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine
- Society for Free Radical Research – Europe
- Czech Chemical Society